The Boy, the Mole, the Fox and the Horse.
This animated short won this year’s Oscar, and I recently got the chance to watch it with a couple of MEA alums, Michael and Debbie Campbell. The Campbells asked ChatGPT what the most meaningful thoughts expressed in the film were, and here’s what AI offered:
- “What is the bravest thing you ever said?” asked the boy. “Help,” said the horse.
- “Sometimes I feel lost,” said the boy. “Me too,” said the mole. “But we love you, and love brings you home.”
- “The greatest illusion,” said the mole, “is that life should be perfect.”
- “We have a long way to go,” said the boy. “Yes, but look how far we’ve come,” said the horse.
- “What do you want to be when you grow up?” asked the boy. “Kind,” said the horse.
Wow, having that kind of summary in just 30 seconds is impressive. When you have a Chatbot as emotionally intelligent as this, who needs a modern elder, right? I’ve given my Chatbot a name, Otto Correct. Of course, I like the Campbells more than Otto Correct, as they’re just so much more human.