Customers: Five Lessons I’ve Learned From Downturns.
This is the third in my series of five Monday video posts focused on leadership lessons during challenging times. Today’s post focuses on how to deepen your relationship with customers at a time when you probably have a streamlined or almost no marketing budget.
Some of these lessons are even relevant if you’re closed for business right now. You’ll learn more by listening to the short video but here’s the summary of my five key points:
- Align upon a customer satisfaction metric that defines success and diligently study it.
- Double-down on your evangelists.
- Ask the most important customer question: “What business are we in?”
- Focus on solving your customer’s problem, not yours.
- Do something remarkable, so your customers can remark on social media about you.