Which Definition of Wisdom Suits You?
This is your thirtieth Daily Dose, so I wanted to offer you some alternatives definitions of wisdom relative to the ones I offered on Day 3. Click "Read More" to see six different definitions below.
- “To know how to grow old is the master work of wisdom and one of the most difficult chapters in the great art of living.”
Swiss philosopher Henri Frederic Amiel
- “To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom, one must observe.”
Marilyn vos Savant
- “Wisdom is what lasts after an experience ends.”
- “The closer you get to wisdom, the more of your own shadow you see and the more of other people’s shadow, and the more you realize how much we need each other.”
- “Knowledge speaks. Wisdom listens.”
- “Wisdom is whatever is left after you’ve run out of your opinions.”